Bangkok is the capital of Thailand, so called "Bangkok Metropolitan" since the large size of population about 11 million. Bangkok includes many districts containing of Buddhist temples, restaurants, bars & night clubs, hotels, and shopping places.
- Sukhumvit Road is Bangkok's modern commercial zone, full of glitzy malls and hotels. The Sky Train pass most parts of Sukhumvit Road, starting from Siam Square as the Shopping center of Bangkok.
- Silom Road is situated at the south of Sukhumvit. Silom is the financial and business street. Patpong is situated at this road.
- Yaowarat or China Town Bangkok is similar to other major cities. Yaowarat is an area of chaos and full of Gold Shops and Chinese products. There are many food stalls with cheap and good tastes.
- Khaosan Road is near the Golden Palace and suitable for a backpacker. It is also a hub of travelling to Koh Tao, Koh Pha-ngan, Koh Phi Phi, etc. It is Banglamphu district, northern part of the Palace.
- Ratchadapisek Road is situated at the north part of Sukhumvit. You may reach here by MRT from Hualampong Central Railway Station. Ratchadaphisek is live and full of light and sound especially at night. It is a lovely place for nightlife-seekers.
- Chatuchak Market is a weekend market open during the day on Saturday and Sunday only. In Year 2009, it just opens at night for Friday only. It is a very good place and mainly renown for cheap things sold directly by the original producers. Goods include plants, pets, gifts, wooden handicraft, silver ware, clothes, bags, shoes, watches, etc.
- Suvarnabhumi is a newly open international airport in Sep 2006. It is the busiest airport in Southeast Asia, used by all international flights as well as Thai Airways (TG), Bangkok Airways (PG), Air Asia (FD), SGA Airline (5E) and PB air (9Q) domestic flights. Find more hotels around Suvarnabhumi Airport.